For the month of August, students recorded 30,294 minutes! Only 969,706 minutes to reach my goal of a million minutes for us this year! (Actually my goal is half of that, but wouldn’t that be awesome if we could reach a million?!?) Students recorded 12,000 more minutes than last year in August! Awesome!
1-2 – Ms. Fonda’s class with 3,475 minutes recorded and turned in. Mrs. Lampe wasn’t too far behind with 3,461 and Ms. Pieper with 3,364!
3-4 – Mrs. Kiger’s class with 3,318. Mrs. Babbel not far behind with 2,918 and Mrs. Richardson with 2,633.
5-6 – Ms. Mathers’ class with 1,325. Ms. Fitzgerald not too far behind with 907.
Kindergartners will join the book log fun in October!
Ask your student if there is a way to do nothing! We read a funny story this past week about 2 boys who attempt to do nothing. Students proved that theory wrong by showing me all that they could do on the computers this week.
* In Kindergarten we got on our computers and worked on mouse control and identifying letters of the alphabet!
* 1st grade worked on finding where on the keyboard the letters are located. Some students won prizes for doing such a great job at finding the right letters!
* 2nd grade has been working on logging into our accounts and creating bookmarks!
* 3rd - 6th graders are busy working on keyboarding the correct way and not chicken pecking on the keyboard. It is very hard to retrain our brains to type correctly after doing something different for so long. Students can access the website from home if they want to practice!! Please help them out to keep their fingers on the homerow keys! Below is the link to help them access the website.
* Lastly, of course, you can always access my website for any other learning games they want to try out!
This week all classes listened to How Full is your Bucket? for Kids. It was a good reminder for all students to watch what we say and our actions towards our classmates. We learned that we need to be filling buckets with kind words instead of draining the bucket with not so nice comments and our actions. How have you filled someone's bucket today?
The past week has gone by so quickly. I have enjoyed getting to catch up with last years kiddos and meet all the new students in the past few days! The transition into school has been much smoother this year as I know most of the students. I'm not trying to memorize as many names this year, since I'm starting my second year at Bennington Elementary.
The students have all checked out a book or two and are hopefully adding to their book logs with minutes read and maybe getting a box or two marked off on their Book Bingo card!
This is my first official Blog post :) My goal is to blog at least once a week, if not more on the happenings in the Bennington Elementary library. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime!
Book BINGO is here this year along with our regular book logs each month! Join in the fun!